Senior Helicopter Mechanic
Hangar Manager & President
To fully refurbish Bell 206 and 407 helicopters from damaged and un-airworthy condition(s) by diagnosing, adjusting, repairing, and overhauling aircraft components. Restore said helicopters to air-worthy condition.
$65,270 per annum.
- Remove, install and repair of aircraft assemblies and components such as:
engines, rotors, transmissions, mechanical flight controls and their components, air conditioning, bleed air heaters, avionics, wire strike systems, starter generators, add-on kits, panels (e.g. baggage floors, vertical fins, seat pans), windows
- Maintenance and overhaul of lubricate aircraft and subsystems
- Perform scheduled inspections and assist in performing special inspections
- Apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft technical manuals, maintenance information and action messages and all technical guidance provided through government official representatives.
- Maintain and repair aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Airframe repairs (jig available)
- Sheet metal & composite repairs
- Tailboom re-skins
- Field repair
- M/R Blade track and balance
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision; Responsible for quality control in Tennessee and will lead all projects in the Philippines.
- Work to an FAA approved standard
- 15 years + experience as a helicopter mechanic carrying out repair and maintenance
- 10+ years working on Bell helicopters
- Licensed Helicopter Mechanic in USA or abroad
- Experience working in an FAA Repair Station, FBO, or foreign equivalent under the supervision of a certified mechanic for min. of 36 months
- Good knowledge of English and Tagalog. Familiarity with and knowledge of Filipino culture a plus.
- Good communication, listening and speaking skills
U.S. Citizen, Legal Resident of the USA, or able to relocate to the USA as primary country of residence, as well as to travel to and work in different parts of the world for months at a time as instructed by supervisor(s), often with short notice.
Varied schedule, including evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients in both USA and abroad.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp and handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate fluently through e-mail and various software applications in both Spanish and English.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.